[OM] KEH Bargain is pretty darn nice

Subject: [OM] KEH Bargain is pretty darn nice
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 17:46:24 -0500
Just got the 35-80/2.8 from KEH today (no thanks to UPS).

Honestly, I would have rated it EX if I was selling it.  I can't really find
anything wrong with it other than it seems to be an early one and has a
touch of wear on the aperture ring and focusing rubber.  Not much, just a
touch.  I think I see just a hint of a small 2mm scratch at the very edge of
the front glass, but it is very faint and could just need cleaning, but I'm
leaving it alone.

My only suggestion to them would be that for $700 you could throw on generic
caps.  It came without any caps.  And since this is possibly the only Zuiko
that takes 62mm filters (why is that?), it's not like I have spare Olympus
front lens caps laying around.  I did scrounge up an ugly UV filter, just to
put some protection on it.

Why did I sell the other one?  What an ***** (fill in your insulting name of
choice here).  I owned a brand-new one!

Ah well.  It's back.