Re: [OM] Paris-London pics

Subject: Re: [OM] Paris-London pics
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 22:18:20 -0400
Chris,
The rain didn't bother me that much, it was the shortness of time. There is
so much to do, and I only had a week. I could have spent a month in each
city. (I'm sure I'd have seen some sun in London over a month..... ;-))

We had absolutely no problem with the cattle concerns. We were located only
in the cities, with the outside trip to Versailles (where the sun shined).
USAirways in Gatwick warned us that US customs would confiscate any
chocolate we brought back (dairy product). I had about 500 francs of
chockies and really didn't want to lose it. But after declaring it at US
reentry, they just asked if we had ventured out of the cities and let us go
on our way. No prob.

I have no doubt that I will return to complete my visit which was not much
more than a teaser. I loved the sights and would have gladly burned twice
the film rate if I didn't need to move along with my wife and our chums. Sue
and I shot 18 rolls of 36, and we would easily have doubled that had the
weather been more cooperative! In time I will expand the picture selections
and report that fact here.

I've been shooting OM cameras since the mid 70's. Never have I had as much
fun with my cameras as on this trip! Even in the rain. It was great!

--Mickey