Re: [OM] Digital Range

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Range
From: "Roger Wesson" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 10:33:30 +0100
I don't know anything about the Minolta scanner, but it might be a similar
thing to the Acer Scanwit - when I got mine I was so impressed by the
incredible sharpness compared to flatbed scans that I didn't bother to set
the scanner up properly for dynamic range.  Now I've tweaked the curves to
sort out the green colour cast, and the levels to set a decent black point.
Now I get vastly more detail out of the shadow areas, better colour balance,
generally better looking scans.  So I'm spending an awful lot of time now
rescanning photos... about 2000 to go I think.

I did the setting up after reading an enormously helpful webpage.  It's
specifically written for the Scanwit and Mira software, but the principles
are applicable to all scanners, so you might find it useful:
www.photoscientia.co.uk

Hope that helps,

Roger