Re: Language, Really OT (was [OM] Cricket Match)

Subject: Re: Language, Really OT (was [OM] Cricket Match)
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 14:30:06 +0100
Yes, It's impacted badly on us all.
AndrewF

Oh yes Andrew!

Impact is the only word with its correct (original) meaning, but now
that is all diluted by using it to mean "effect".

It's almost as bad as a "knok-on"effect (as if there could be any
other sort ;-).

OM content: I'm off to Cambridge shortly to look through (again) the
Olympus drawers in a shop called Campkins.  It is very expensive, it
is badly laid out, its staff are sometimes less than ideally polite,
but it is full of all sorts of camera gear, including loads of OM
stuff - and Leica, and Rollei, and anything else you might care to
think of.  On my last visit (last weekend) there was a lovely 400/6.3
for sale (£799).

Chris
--
<|_:-)_|>