Re: [OM] 24/2 lenshood

Subject: Re: [OM] 24/2 lenshood
From: ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 15:46:07 -0400
In <p04330100b6f452e30308@[192.168.1.1]>, on 04/07/01 at 05:28 PM,
   Michael Kopp <mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

>Hello from the Antipodes from a recent lurker,

 What a delightful post! Don't lurk; we need your literacy here...

>Is this list a good place to discuss the current professional use of
>Olympus equipment? (I'm on the digest.)

Please do; it would be a welcome diversion from our usual excusions all
over the civilized landscape. [Not that I don't profit from the
diversions, chaps...]

>I know there are some pros who use Oly, but they'd be in such an
>endangered minority that they'd be protected by the Convention on
>International Trade in Endangered Species.

A great line!

>What is the current pro lens line like, and how astronomical are the
>prices? (US$  will do; Kiwi money is like Monopoly money, but I'm an
>old Yank so I still understand the real thing.)

I hope you have an iron stomach, because the increases since you
remember those sales will cause you to stagger and grasp your chest in
surprise and alarm. However, there is wisdom aplenty here to guide you
in choosing those upscale lenses from several sources in which prices
are lower than new lenses.

[Wop-wops; what a wonderful term!]