Re: [OM] HELP: squeeling T45 flash, anyone else have one?

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP: squeeling T45 flash, anyone else have one?
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 15:58:05 EDT
Gary R. wrote:
"I'm afraid to report that my T45 is quite silent."
Oohh, that's bad for me.  Does yours even whine like a normal flash?

And also wrote:
"How was the battery capacity in yours? You ought to be able to get 100 full
discharge manual flashes."
Actually, I would consider it quite dead.  I haven't got around to the number
of full discharges, but I think its going to be about 15 or 20.  Frank van
Lindert (?) says he changed his batteries with NiMH and replaced some of the
circuits.  Anybody else have any luck replacing the batteries?  I hear that a
lot of people go with Quantum batts carried over the shoulder :(

Oh well.
I'm considering returning the item if others say there should be no such
noise.
Thanks to all!
--p.j.