Re: [OM] connector4 pin assignment / cut of

Subject: Re: [OM] connector4 pin assignment / cut of
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 22:30:02 EDT
rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< The Connector4 has 3 pins, one centered and two at the front.
 As far as I know one pin is the 'fire' pin. One for TTl-whatever and
 one for 'information' - what does this mean .
 But I don't know which is at which position.

Check Mark Dapoz's website where he has the schematic for the T32.

Obviously the large centre pin is the flash trigger.  Of the two other pins
one is the "quench" signal and the other is the LED flash ready display
signal. The camera bodies actually use the presence of that signal for other
purposes other than just LED flash ready. So not having the signal is
sometimes useful to fool the camera into thinking it does not have a flash
but in general, depending on model, it is better to have the signal.

In general TTL flash works if the quench line is connected irrespective of
whether the LED ready is connected.
                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes