[OM] OM: 2-4 screen trial run

Subject: [OM] OM: 2-4 screen trial run
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 11:22:55 -0700
Thanks to all who responded about the 2-4 focusing screen. I gave it a
trial run yesterday on my daily walk with the dogs. It is a major
improvement over the old 1-13 split image screen that I have been using
(and cursing) but then anything would be an improvement over that
screen. There are a few things that i find lacking however. Like why
don't they give you a clear center circle for even easier focusing.
Maybe even concentric circles with the center being a prism like the 1-1
and an outer clear circle for when you would prefer to focus there.
Anyway, i can't complain too much as now i can actually see something
with the 500/8 mounted.
And here's something to add to the wish list for an OM5. Focusing
screens selectable on the fly. (Yeah, yeah, I know...)
And by the way, I'm putting up some of those dog walk pictures every now
and then and will post the link when I get the hang of this scanner that
I've finally hooked up. Here's one taken while trying out my
"disposable" zoom purchased from a list member. It ain't the sharpest
knife in the drawer but captured the mood of the evening, (flare aside)
:>)

http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/olympics.jpg

Mike