[OM] TRIPOD MOUNT FOR 65 - 200 f 4

Subject: [OM] TRIPOD MOUNT FOR 65 - 200 f 4
From: Ángel Lobo <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 23:58:05 +0200
Hello Bob and all.

I agree with you on this matter, this Zuiko zoom 65-200 f 4 needs a good
tripod mount for to work perfect.

Without tripod mount I don´t like this zoom a lot. So, I have designed one
tripod mount based on the style of the zoom 85-250 tr. mount, that fits on
the flat area you talk about (9 or 10 mms). One year ago one turner makes
for me the "maybe the only Zuiko 65-200 f 4 tripod mount on the world".

The results of the work with this set lens+trp mount is only good.
Definitely, the 9-10 mms are not sufficient area for stand the total mass of
the lens, although the balance lens-camera is very good.

Now I have a dilema: If I shot hand held I prefer to use the Zuiko 75-150
and if I work with the great lenses and tripod I prefer my loved 85-250. Now
I left at home the Zuiko 65-200 and his  " único " tripod mount.

Best from Spain.

Ángel Lobo.