Re: [OM] Vivitar 283 battery holder

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 283 battery holder
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 08:58:09 +1000
A lot of people complain about this and I have been startled myself by
shipping and handling costs but, since I started selling a few items on
*bay I realised, finding the right box, wrapping, labels, etc. to do it
right is a chore. Someone like KEH has to pay people to do it and we can't
expect them to just ignore the cost like us amateur traders. Also, they
would have to develop a routine procedure like throwing everything at UPS.
This cost gets exaggerated when buying small, cheap items but, it would be
a lot more expensive driving around looking for them, I think.
AndrewF
(Not trying to excuse the true 'gougers' - just trying to understand the
fair traders)