[OM] [OM} 24mm f/2.8 rubber lens hood

Subject: [OM] [OM} 24mm f/2.8 rubber lens hood
From: drchrisbarrett <drchrisbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 20:19:30 +0100
Dear Folks,

Here's one for the real Zuiko experts out there.

I recently found a rubber lens hoods for my 100 2.8, and for a newly
acquired 28 2.8. While I was examining the wide angle hood I noticed
that the ribs deepest inside the hood  were part of the cast metal ring
rather than the rubber front. The hood for the 100 2.8 was the same.

Now, I really like the slide rubber hood for the 50mm lenses because
they have a filter thread at the front of the metal casting, which means
I can leave the hood on the lens and clib the lens cap into the hood
(does anyone else do this?).

So, I thought "I wonder if the lens cap will clip into the ribs on the
wide angle hood (which doesn't actually have a filter thread in there)".

Low and behold it did !

And, I found I could also do it with th 100 2.8 hood and cap !

I should point out that I do have slender fingers and some of you may
find doing this rather fiddly, but I find it very easy to do on the wide
angle hood, and standard hood, and just do-able on the 100 hood.

Now I'm wondering if I can get a rubber hood for my venerable old 24
2.8, which came with a metal hood for which I made a sort of bung to
keep the lens clean (which it has done for over 20yrs now).

So, does anyone know if there is a rubber hood for the 24mm? I checked
the e-SIF and it doesn't mention one.

Chris Barrett
Malvern