Re: [OM] Inside a Varimagnifinder

Subject: Re: [OM] Inside a Varimagnifinder
From: rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ruediger Betzold)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 00:57:00 +0200 (MET DST)
Bill,

> My Varimagnifinder needs to be cleaned.  It is easy enough to take the
> diopter off (unscrews) and clean there.  Can I take off the screws on the
> diagonal without any surprises and clean in there?  Any info is appreciated.

No need to open the diagonal part (but it would be no problem to do)
the dust enters (normally) through the front side that connects to to camerabody

You can open it from the front side (4 screws)
you will see the rotating thing for 1.2 or 2.5 magnification
in 1.2 position there is s small metal plate screwed onto the rotating part.
Unscrew it and you can clean the small lenses that gets dirty. Hold the
rotating
part while unscrewing and cleaning.  You will fiddle a little bit around to get
the lenses cleaned in the rotating part.
Dismounting and remounting the complete rotating part can be somehow difficult
but it can be done (done that) but you will need some time.

That's it.

Pay attention to all those small screws and parts ! They tend to disappear
when not at their place ... (and I don't know if Olympus have them in stock)

Rudy
 Berlin/Germany