Re: [OM] IS-10 Question

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-10 Question
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:51:42 -0700
I bring to the fount of all Oly knowledge a problem with an IS-10. A friend
e-mailed me (since she knows I use Oly gear) about someone with a weird
IS-10 problem. Told her I didn't know but would put it out to the group.

Barry, I have a question re: Olym. cameras.  On the weekend ran into a a
lady that told her story of buying an IS-10 from Kerrisdale cameras for
$650.00....used it three times, then it would not focus....took it back to
K. Cameras and they told her it would cost $360.00 to repair, and that it
had something to do with the flash attachment.  She thought this a tad
steep.....the camera had taken excellent pictures with and without the
flash....she has not dropped it banged it etc.

Is this a common problem with the IS-10's?? How long is Oly's warranty on
new product (I am assuming that this is a new camera)? Is it something that
can be repaired at a "regular" repair facility?

Thanks for the help
Barry H

I have a friend whose Pentax ZX-5 is just out of warranty and is in the shop for the $175 minimum to get the exposure system to work correctly. Glad I have OM.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California