Re: [OM] OM-4

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:59:36 -0400
 The numbers you mention are f stops, not shutter speeds.  Set the camera to
"Manual", set the shutter dial on the front of the body to "30" (NOT the
ring on the front of the lens).  Fire shutter.  Does shutter fire at 1/30 or
more than 1 second.  Try rocking "Auto-manual" switch back and forth a dozen
or so times to clean the inner switch and try again.
With the camera set to auto, look through the finder (while pointing camera
at a bright object) the turn ring on the front of your lens.  As you change
f stops, the dots on the shutter speed scale in the finder should go up and
down.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000