Re: [OM] Hello, My Name is Rich and I'm a Zuikoholic

Subject: Re: [OM] Hello, My Name is Rich and I'm a Zuikoholic
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:27:03 +0200 (CEST)
On Sun, 8 Apr 2001 Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Oops!  Sorry.  Let's try this again (I'm still excited, see?)...
>
> In a message dated 4/7/01 10:02:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> >snip<
>
> > I got an OM-1n a while back because of its mechanical shutter and utility
> >  in extremely cold weather.  It is indeed a joy to handle.  Has a slightly
> >  different feel to it than the OM-2S and OM-4 do and it's hard to explain
> >  why . . . not that they're bad either . . . just slightly different.
> >
> >  As a basic manual exposure system SLR with coupled TTL metering, it's been
> >  a "thinking man's" camera for me.  The OM-2S and OM-4 certainly have some
> >  very convenient features, but they are conveniences.  The OM-1[n] has all
> >  you need in a 35mm system SLR, nothing more and nothing less.
>
> >snip<
>
> Yes, my feelings exactly, John.  Well said.  And thanks (that helps quiet
> that little voice in my conscience telling me I don't NEED 3 bodies).
>
> Rich

Rich,

First - congrattis with your purchase. An OM1 is never a bad thing to have
- provided it's in good condition.

Second, you little voice needs a reality check. I always maintained that I
only buy gear as I need it, and thus far I have about 10 (okok, the other
half likes photography too, and one of the bodies is a pentax, and hence
doesn't count). Really, all 10 bodies are used regularly, and have
specific, allocated purposes.

Actually, I am getting short a body now that Giles has tempted me to
resume serious slide-work (Giles showed me some of his ilfochrome prints -
that was enough to get me hooked).

So see, tell your little voice that it need not worry until after 8
bodies. ;)

--
Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen