[OM] A Zuikholic is Enabled

Subject: [OM] A Zuikholic is Enabled
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:55:30 -0700
Now this is not a tale for the faint of heart.

About a year ago I took on a volunteer "project" with the local community
hall rebuild program. Amongst other things I agreed to document the
demolition and then the rebuild of the hall (during which I also get to
photograph various donors and dignitaries at fund raising events). Some
thirty rolls of film later, the Chariman of the Foundation set up to
co-ordinate this project and I were chatting about doing the interior shots
of the new hall. Turns out he is an old OM-1 user from way back. During the
course of the conversation I mentioned that the widest lens I had was my
original 28/3.5 (bought new in '76) that I had been using extensively in
this project. He queried the cost of lenses and I mentioned seeing a 24/2.8
at a used camera shop in town that was awfully nice but seemed a little
high in price. About a week later he shows up, asks if I think the 24 would
help with the project (of course I said yes) and then tells me to go ahead
and charge it to the foundation - now who could resist an offer like that.
The next day I was the proud owner of a very nice silver nose 24/2.8 and my
zuikholism continues in full bloom despite a lack of ready cash. Naturally
I had to "test" this new addition. Since I bought it in Victoria I spent an
hour shooting some local scenery.
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/Vict1.jpg
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/Vict2.jpg
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/Vict3.jpg
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/Vict6.jpg
        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/9529/Vict8.jpg

The light was kinda interesting that morning. The shots were all taken
around the Legistalive Buildings, Empress Hotel and the Causeway in case
anyone is interested.

Ahh!! now to go shoot some interiors for the Foundation.

Barry H