Re: [OM] Live Olympus chat, OM-5

Subject: Re: [OM] Live Olympus chat, OM-5
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:00:22 -0500
What I'd like to see is the number of film based cameras sold less the
P&S and APS cameras. IOW, how many OM's are being sold.

The last time I was in the local camera shop I asked the girl behind the
counter if they still sold Olympus. They had a sign in the Window but no
cameras. Her reply was "Olympus doesn't make film cameras any more do
they? Oh, that's right, they make some point and shoot models. We don't
stock them"

Funny thing - I noticed something interesting in the used case. 3 people
had hand written notes "Wanted to Buy - Olympus OM cameras and lenses.
Call XXX-XXXX"  Of course I added my note to make it 4.

I also remembered why I hadn't been in there in a year...

--
Jim