Re: OperaMail was Re: [OM] OT: Email

Subject: Re: OperaMail was Re: [OM] OT: Email
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:40:27 +0100
Hi Acer,
Thanks for the reply.  If you don't mind, could you outline the reasons you
like the Opera browser so much?  I'm using ME and like it much better than
Netscape, but those are the only two browsers I've ever used.  Another
question....  If I change email services, will I still be able to get to
them, or can they be transferred to the new service?
Regards,
John

John (& Acer)

Opera is supposed to use less memory than the 2 big browsers and has a much simpler interface. It also lacks (I understand, the Mac version is still under development) an email client. Since I don't use a browser email client, this is no great lack. Opera reminds me of the early Mac browsers - simple, quick and efficient. However, Netscape 4 uses less memory than Opera (dev version 2).

The trouble with Operamail against Hotmail, Yahoo or Netscape, for instance, is that the email listing is a little simple. The Yahoo email pages are much more comprehensive in my view. Remember that the Opera browser and Operamail are 2 different things...

Finally, you can normally retrieve any email from any account wherever you are... Yahoo allows you to redirect email, as does Freeola (Classemail). All you need is the name of the pop3 (incoming) server, while you use your new server to send email (normally smtp). I have great trouble persuading my father-in-law of this facility. He continues to pay for Compuserve and all its email limitations.

Chris
--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker