[OM] Use-ollector

Subject: [OM] Use-ollector
From: Kelton Rhoads <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:33:25 -0700
>Aren't the terms 'User' and 'Collector' mutually incompatible in this
>context?
>Collectors fret over buying silica gel sachets, polishing cloths and glass
>cabinets, while users degrade the condition of their investment (and waste
>film) taking photographs.
>Simon E.
>OM (ab)user

Simon, you will be pleased to know that I have developed an armored,
silica-lined housing that still allows the use of your beloved OM, but
keeps it in pristine condition. The only drawback is that it increases
the size of your OM to a 4x5 field camera, but what of that. I should
point out that the housing itself is very valuable, and is best kept in a
silica-studded glass cabinet that I've designed. With the accompanying
4-wheel trailer, you can easily take it with you wherever you go.