[OM] Extra Question on ---===Oh, oh! I think I bought a fungus farm! :

Subject: [OM] Extra Question on ---===Oh, oh! I think I bought a fungus farm! :-((( ==----
From: "Babis E. Mavridis" <mavridis@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:22:24 +0300
Can I ask the list if you know...

 I have also buy from ebay last year an 50mm 1.4f SC very old lens, with
fungus that you can see only with extra light on the lens. (it's also blur
the photos at the edges)

I have try to get over the fungus put the lens on my fish tank lamb for many
days, and with put it on direct sun-light for many hours. (I have think to
put it on microwave ;-) but the lens have metal part and the microwave is
not working with that). All this trick works fine.

My question is:
If I keep/store this lens with my other very good and expensive lens if the
fungus is going to move to other lens of me ?...  Do you suggest to keep
this Len with my others ? or keep it far way.

I keep my other lens inside a very good place that for more than 10 years I
have no fungus problems (with other very old lens and cameras). Also I have
notice that the fungus is appear when a store/box is not get any air at
all - it's seals very very good.

Thank you in advance
Babis Mavridis