Re: OperaMail was Re: [OM] OT: Email

Subject: Re: OperaMail was Re: [OM] OT: Email
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:08:33 +0100

 >Finally, you can normally retrieve any email from any account
 >wherever you are... Yahoo allows you to redirect email, as does
Freeola (Classemail).  All you need is the name of the pop3
(incoming) server, while you use your new server to send email
(normally smtp).  I have great trouble persuading my father-in-law of
this facility.  He continues to pay for Compuserve and all its email
limitations.

indeed, and i believe with pop, you have the an option to either leave the
remote copy (server) or delete it once you d/l messages.

Si señor, claro que sí.  And this is what I do: if I am at home, I
delete messages from the server when I retrieve; if I am mobile,
though, I leave them there... except for OM List messages which I
retrieve to save having to wade through them in their thousands at
home ;-).

Chris
--
<|_:-)_|>