Re: [OM] IS-10 Questions / IS 3 free of this lens barrel misalignment p

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-10 Questions / IS 3 free of this lens barrel misalignment problems
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:07:04 -0500

Tom Scales wrote:

> I don't think you've upset anyone <g>.  We all like the IS series; I have an
> IS-3 myself.  Pretty much anything is a good question here.
>
> If I remember correctly, the IS-300 is the IS-30, so in the same line as the
> IS-10.  The IS-3000 and IS-3 are the same camera.  OK, minor differences
> (IS-3000 does FP flash, IS-3 doesn't?).
>
> Not sure why Olympus had to make it so confusing.

I believe we can chalk the "alphabet soup" of naming models to market research
-- market testing shows that some names do better in different locales.  The
"Mju" camera name was not well received in the US (I guess most folks didn't
have any idea what a "mju" was!), but was a hit in many other markets, for
example....