Re: [OM] Anyone wants an Olympus FLT ??? ;)

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone wants an Olympus FLT ??? ;)
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:54:11 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Steve Goss wrote:

> Uh, by the way: it's FTL, not FLT. Other replies inserted:

I stand corrected ;)

<SNIP>

> > > If I recall correctly, it was one lens lens in the "normal" area -
> > > wouldn't be surprised if it was the FLT equivalent of 50/1.8 (whatever
> > > that
> > > would be).
>
> It could be the 50/1.8, or possibly 50/1.4 ( I believe there was one) Rumor
> has
> it that a  number of the original OM series lenses are FTL lenses with a new
> mount.

Interresting...do you have authorative sources confirming that?

> > Nothing worth getting all excited over, probably.
>
> Unless the lens happens to be a 28mm. Those are rare. When I posted to the
> list
> a few years ago that I had seen one in a pawn shop, it took Gary Schloss
> almost
> three seconds to reply back.

Well, I better check back more carefully - and be ready with a stopwatch
if it is a 28mm. I'd say that it most likely isn't, though....

....and then I came back from checking, it was the 50/1.8 mounted.

On a different note: anyone who's had any experience with the Kodak
Radiance paper for slide printing (and accompanying chemicals for
processing)...?

--thomas

--
Mange hilsner / Sincerely