Re: [OM] OM: a bit OT question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM: a bit OT question
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:45:58 -0700
Mike:

Believe it our not, your question about the "Rear Window" photographic
trivia is in the OM List archives.  I posted it some years ago. The
camera was an Exakta (can't say which model without watching the movie
again) and I distinctly remember the lens as a 400mm Kilfitt, although a
Tele-Megor was the one made for the Exakta.  Two things about the flick
were photographically wrong: the double peak to one of the flash bulb
exposures when he was trying to keep the intruder at bay and the
simulated view through the viewfinder.  Maybe showing the front end of a
Kilfitt lens was also photographically wrong for the camera used.

There is a reference in a 1950's US photography magazine to this film
and its mistakes. It came out just after the film was released and my
dad saved it - which I read many years later. It is probably the first
photo article I ever read which stuck in my head.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV