Re: [OM] Eye cups (was Varimagni finder)

Subject: Re: [OM] Eye cups (was Varimagni finder)
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:39:47 -0700
> snipped....You really
> should use Cup 1 w/o glasses (and with a diopter correction if neccessary).
> Another disadvantage of Cup 1 vs. Cup 2 is that the first needs to be removed
> when the camera back opens, Cup 2 stays in place. However because Cup 1 is so
> much deeper and round it shields side light much better than Cup 2.
>
> Cup 2 is less deep and lets you observe much more of the viewfinder when you
> wear glasses.
>
> My favourite Cup btw is "Cup 3", or maybe I should call it "Cup H" ;) ;) which
> is made by Hama; it is asymmetrical and does the best job in shielding side
> lighting.
>
> hnz

I use my glasses with cup 1 for some light shielding w/o hood or
correction. Removing the cup to change film is a non-issue for me.
However I'd like to try cup 1 without glasses with a -2 and the hood but
these items are no longer stocked. So, should i get the cup 2 or the
Hama cup? Or does anyone want to part with a -2 diopter lens for the cup
1? Using an OM2sp mostly by the way.

Mike