[OM] Hello again, and a question

Subject: [OM] Hello again, and a question
From: "OCI<^-_-^>MAN" <ociman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:55:54 -0700
Most of you might remember me from being on the list for a while last year,
as the CATMASTER.
All right now, I know most of you are going " Not him again!", but really, I
just wanted to stop by and say Hi.

I have not been doing much photo work with the cats for a while, and I know
partly why that is now.

One of the problems I was having, is the absence of that spot meter, so I
took the splurge and bought my first 4T.
Now I can see why 4T owners love these things. WOW!

I can see I will be burning a few dozen rolls just experimenting with all of
those new buttons!

Since I bought this camera body used, of course the first thing to do was a
thorough as I know how to do check out, to make sure it all works.
One of the first things was to check the light meter, so I brought out the
old dusty 2n models. Both 2n light meters are dead on calibration with one
another, so I always trusted them as being correct.
Now, when I checket the 4T against them, I found a BIG surprise. The awesome
FOUR-T read a whole shutter speed lower than the 2n bodies. The same lens,
same f-stop was used, and yes I did check to make sure the ASA speed was the
same, and exposure compensation was in the middle.
Now I am scratching my head, I just couldn't believe this was happening.
Could both 2n bodies have been so far off calibration?, or was the used 4T
that far off?
So down to Bill Rogers camera repair(Las Vegas) I went. Bill put the 4T on
the light standard, and said this thing is in factory specs, but is about
1/6 of a stop off.
NO WONDER I had such a hard time with proper exposures, both of my old
cameras were way off calibration.
ok, now that gives a real good excuse for bad pictures right?

Now, maybe I won't have anymore excuses for bad pictures. Can't wait to see
some good ones from this great little machine.

NOW FOR THE QUESTION:

What is that little unmarked button for that sits to the right of the OM-4T
marking(as you are facing the front)?
Shipman says it is a viewfinder illuminator button, but I cannot get it to
do anything.
What is it, or how do you get it to work? Is the light bulb burned out or
something possibly?

Paul,
the Catmaster

You can celebrate Easter everyday!
Just let Christ be resurrected in your life.