[OM] heads up: on 300mm lens

Subject: [OM] heads up: on 300mm lens
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Apr 2001 15:33:41 -0000

I believe the lens that I commented on a few weeks ago and then returned is
now on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1229748967)

I have verified from the seller that is the same lens via the ssn. I had paid
300 for the lens.

- the store is very easy to work with -- and so I have nice things to say
about them.

-- Also note I *think* the last picture is incorrect. When I purchased the
   lens it DOES NOT have a tripod mount.

-- I am sure they will honor the 5 day return policy.

My problem with the lens was that I saw faint discolourization of an inner
element which I believe indicate either fungus or water damage. Other then
that discolourization all other aspects of the lens are in very good
condition (I do not like rating scales -- so I will simply say I am very picky
and the lens was otherwise more then acceptable).

If you buy this lens you might want to check for the discolourization and
decide for yourself -- it was very visible via reflecting a halogen lamp off
the top element (not through) the lens. It was difficult to see wth sun light
and I'm not sure about incandescent -- my indoor lamp in the living room is a
halogen.

The case is in very good condition -- it has no tripod mount.