RE: [OM] Re:Scanning for TOPE Display

Subject: RE: [OM] Re:Scanning for TOPE Display
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:44:20 -0700
Bruce,

It's frankly been such a long while since I've done it in a single step that
I honestly don't remember if there was a significant difference.

I do it not so much for a difference in results as in control. By reducing
resolution first, while holding the size constant, I have the ability to do
any final crops and sizing adjustments independently. Often, I find there's
a need for some 'unsharp masking' to restore some image sharpness after
reducing the dpi. More easily done (i.e. more visible results) before
reducing the image size, IMHO.

---
Scott Gomez