Re: [OM][OT]Expressions of Faith, was Hello again, and a question

Subject: Re: [OM][OT]Expressions of Faith, was Hello again, and a question
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:02:50 -0700
The man who was formerly called "Catman" ;-)

I liked your signature.  It said what was important for this season
(for which the UK has just had a long weekend).  It's good to see
that there are still places where you can describe what you feel in
the US without having to sterilise the emotion for the "don't force
religion down my throat" brigade.

Larry, this is a multinational, multiethnic, multi-belief, multisex
(and sexuality, I presume) group of people.  Its only
singlemindedness is to do with the OM system (and that becomes
diluted pretty often :>)).  The expressions of faith in subtle
fashion clearly bothers you, but I suggest that it is part of the
rich tapestry of life.  It would have been just as acceptable, in my
opinion, to have used a Buddhist or Mohammedan expression of joy or
peace.

Chris
--
???>-}

On the other hand, most people have better manners than to inflict their privately held beliefs on others. Interesting that you do not usually see these wonderful affirmations from other faiths. Says more about the arrogance and contempt of Christians for other faiths than anything else.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA