Re: [OM] Shutter lag times

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter lag times
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:42:26 +0200
On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 04:58:56PM +0200, Thomas Bryhn wrote:
> Does anyone know the shutter lag times for the professional OM bodies?
> Surprisingly, I can't find any exact numbers in the archieves, and I'm sure
> this is something that has worried quite a few zuikoholics.... ;-)

Yes, it is a important quality of a camera. I´ve collected some values at:

http://studweb.studserv.uni-stuttgart.de/studweb/users/mas/mas12462/OM/Ausloeseverzoegerung.html

Up to now, I´ve only values for the OM4. I´d be happy to find more to add.
My guess is that OM 1 & OM 3 are somewhat faster (pure mechanic), and that
OM 40 and OM 2sp are somewhat slower (program capability - thanks to C.H.Ling).
But It was a OM 40, which turned me into the OM way because of its fast
reaction ;-).

There is a timing diagram of the OM 1 in the web:
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/om1/index2.htm

regards,
Frieder Faig