[OM] Held the T45 battery up to the Makita - close but no cigar?

Subject: [OM] Held the T45 battery up to the Makita - close but no cigar?
From: Norma Foltz <nfoltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:11:39 -0700
Well Peter,  and other T-45 flashers,

I went to the local OSH hardware store with my T-45 battery in hand
and looked more closely at the NiCad batter for the Makita drill and
flashlight.
It is 9.6 volts, has the same lenght but is smaller in girth.  The price
was 39.95
(forty dollars)  at the top it has a similar type of connector but there
are fewer
connector tabs.  I don't know if an adapter could be built but if I were
without
a T-45 battery then I would attempt to convert the Makita 9.6 volt NiCad

battery.  It looked like it would slip go inside of the T-45 flash.  It
is made out
of black colored plastic.  I think that a machinist could make an
adapter out
of black nylon or some similar material.

I would ask the group if there is a way to achieve the correct voltage
maybe
John Hermanson, or Frank van Lindert or Tim have some ideas about
whether a conversion is feasible.

-- Hank Hogan