[OM] Macro shots

Subject: [OM] Macro shots
From: Erwin Voogt <evoogt@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:51:24 +0200
Cc: "'scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

Scott wrote:

> How do those of you that shoot a fair amount of macro cope with getting a
> 'stable platform'? While I can see that for static items--like coins,
> household objects and the like--it would not be all that difficult,
pictures
> 'out & about' are a challenge.

Use a flash. Although the light will not be completely natural, it is not
that bad.
My Bee Fly picture http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/photovoogt/china/bij.html
is taken handheld with fairly simple equipment: the OM40 + 50 mm F3.5 macro
+ T20 flash. Superb advantage of using a flash: the wings of the flying bee
fly are "frozen"!
With the T28 twin flash you can get much better results, but the T28 set is
more bulky than a single T20 and therefore not very suitable to put in a
backpack.
Some macro pictures taken with different sets of equipment (but mostly the
50 mm F3.5 - T20 combo) can be found at:
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/photovoogt/macro.html

Bye,

Erwin Voogt
Utrecht, The Netherlands