Re: [OM] Ways to go macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Ways to go macro
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:48:54 -0700
If I've got a Zuiko 50mm lens and I want to do macro photography without
spending half a year's wages on a proper macro lens, what is the best
way to go?  As far as I am aware, I can get extension tubes, lenses or a
reversing ring, but what are the pros and cons of each?

Also (and this may horrify some of you, so don't read on if you're a
sensitive soul) I have a 3x teleconverter which I bought very cheaply a
couple of years ago and never use (it's not very good).  I had the crazy
thought that if I smash out the insides it would be an extension tube.
Is this a totally insane idea?  If I've lost everyone's respect entirely
then I apologise...

Roger

The Zuiko 50mm 3.5 macro is very inexpensive and is an excellent lens. To give you an idea of the price, the keh.com web site lists two of them, one in Excellent Plus condition for $199 and one in Excellent conditon for $165.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA