Re: [OM] Ways to go macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Ways to go macro
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:09:07 +0200

As far as I can see from eBay, you can buy a 50/3.5 macro for around $125 if you
wait a bit. There is currently one for sale here in Denmark for $125 in an
online used photo site; it has been there for a while...
I would absolutely recommend the 50/3.5 (as a standard lens too), and remember
that with a 25mm extension tube you can go to 1:1 instead of the usual 1:2 macro
ratio.

regards
Roger Key

>If I've got a Zuiko 50mm lens and I want to do macro photography without
>spending half a year's wages on a proper macro lens, what is the best
>way to go?  As far as I am aware, I can get extension tubes, lenses or a
>reversing ring, but what are the pros and cons of each?
>

>Roger

:The Zuiko 50mm 3.5 macro is very inexpensive and is an excellent
:lens. To give you an idea of the price, the keh.com  web site lists
:two of them, one in Excellent Plus condition for $199 and one in
:Excellent conditon for $165.

:Winsor