Re: [OM] Don't take my Kodachrome away...

Subject: Re: [OM] Don't take my Kodachrome away...
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 15:31:23 +0000
At 05:02 4/21/01, Tim Hughes wrote:
          OM content : it really takes a good slide film projected large to
see how good this equipment is. Try some Kodachrome again if you have a good
slide projector.

I have been using K-64 for some time although I have used some other films on occasion. Nothing quite like it; wish it was still made in 120/220 size.
:-(

Absolutely yes, it takes a very fine grained transparency film projected to a large screen to really see what some of the Zuiko's can do. Just recently shot some K-64 and tried a roll of Provia 100F for the first time. Still prefer the K-64 color rendition but the Provia is very, very good and appears to be as fine grained.

It is amazing what you see when good transparencies are projected to a 50" white matte screen. The secret is a white matte screen and not so much the projector itself, but a good projector lens. Dumped the f/2.8 Kodak 4" and f/3.5 zoom lenses that came with an ancient "boat anchor" Ektagraphic some time ago. Replaced them with an f/2.8 Schneider-Kreuznach Vario-Prolux. What a difference it made!

-- John