Re: [OM] Suggestions for interiors

Subject: Re: [OM] Suggestions for interiors
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:59:35 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/01 3:34:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Anybody have some suggestions here?  Looking at my own kitchen through
>  the 24 mm shows some not so wonderful perspective effects.  It also
>  tells me that 24 mm might not be short enough.  And, of course, shorter
>  is going to be (besides expensive) even worse on the perspective front.
>  A 24 mm shift is out of the question.

If you set it up properly, you won't need to do any perspective control
tricks in PS. Buy a tripod head with a level on it. In the alternative, set
up your tripod so that the 24mm is at 4 feet and aim the camera at a spot 4
feet high (post-it note? removed later). Vertical perspective should be
correct with no keystoning.

To correct horizontal perspective (sideways keystoning), your line of sight
should be at 90 degrees from the wall you are shooting.

You don't need a 35mm shift if you have a 24mm. They cover the same area, ie.
the total angle of view of the two is the same assuming the 35 is shifted
around.

Warren