[OM] OM Lightning Detector Interest?

Subject: [OM] OM Lightning Detector Interest?
From: Bill Brooks <nrky@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 22:25:55 -0500
Hi All,

For any list members that are interested in lightning photography
with their MD-capable bodies may I direct you to (shameless plug to
follow):

http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill/lightening_detector/index.html

(Thanks again Chris for hosting this - you enabler you!)

Wherein you'll find complete (enough if you can read a schematic)
instructions on how to build your own detector.  (and the info is FREE -
my way of giving back to the list members for the tips, trix and humor
I've enjoyed for the last few years)

There's also a few tips on how to get going once the detector is built,
but
is only intended as a starting point...I'm still playing with the
exposure
values myself.

The site is still under construction, and I hope to soon have pix of the
assembly stages put up as well, but for now you can get a parts list
(with RadioShack part numbers - they're on the web with shopping carts)
and schematic, so if you're somewhat electronically and slightly
mechanically inclined everything you need is up there for you.

Now for the plug:
The site also mentions the availability of a raw PC board that's designed

(by moi) to finish the project - it's not needed if you can perf-board up
your
own, but it will make the job of building the detector alot easier, and
the
price to list members is 1/2 of what's stated on the site (sort of the
Tom
Scales method of driving off the casual surfers)
I don't plan on making myself a millionaire off of this, in fact I won't
even cut the boards if there's not enough interest in people wanting one
(I gotta buy the raw materials and etch, drill and route the boards out
in lots
of 25 just to keep the cost down)  So, if anyone's interested in building
their
own, check out the site, and if you want the board that's depicted in the
assembly
drawing, pop the link at the bottom of the page.

Bill  >; P
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."
*provided ya have a good archival system in place.