Re: [OM] Suggestions for interiors

Subject: Re: [OM] Suggestions for interiors
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 00:53:09 -0300
On 4/26/01 12:42 AM, "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Larry,
>
> Why don't I just email you my address.  You can drop by and pick up any
> Zuikos that you want -- no charge.
>
> Course, I'll call the cops, since that's stealing too.
>
> You must not be in the software business.  Those of us that are appreciate
> the concept of stealing software.  I don't know what you do, but I'll bet
> that you'd object if we all asked you to give it away for free.

It's not theft. That's not saying what the morality/legality of copying
software is, it's just not theft. Theft is taking something from someone
else so that you have it and they no longer do. Since it's possible to make
a copy of the software (ie, not take it from you), it's not theft. Now it is
possible to steal the CDs that the software is on...

Anyways, in most parts of the world, it is a copyright violation, which is
something very different. The software industry likes to perpetuate the term
"theft" because it has a more insidious tone than "copyright violation"
does.

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx