[OM] OT Explanations for newcomers (was Suggestions for ...)

Subject: [OM] OT Explanations for newcomers (was Suggestions for ...)
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:28:54 +0200
For the sake of those who arrived on the List too late to understand
the mention of Corvettes in the same message as software:

One of us has a Corvette, Larry does not ...

I expect that you can infer the remainder of the story by reading the
posts... nothing changes much, except the degree of polemic that
Larry is prepared to devise to get an OT thread going and raise the
temperature.  We went through the arguments about illegal software,
started by Larry, some months ago, and he knows that it will lead to
further OT, intemperate, ill-advised, un-Christian (or un-Islamic
etc... but I don't think that the Hindus have a code of moral
behaviour integrated into their beliefs - please disabuse my off-List
if necessary) and unnecessary exchanges of  abuse on an otherwise
friendly and rewarding List.

Please stop making divisive posts Larry.

Chris