Re: [OM] [OT] Was suggestions for interiors. Now basic ethics

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Was suggestions for interiors. Now basic ethics
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:10:00 -0400
>On a global level, the capitalist governments conspire to keep most of
>the world poor so that the capitalist system will survive.  Look at
>American interventions in Chile, Nicaragua, Guatemala, and much of Latin
>America.  Look at the British government's support of the drug companies
>and their refusal to sell AIDS drugs cheaply to sub-Saharan Africa.

While it is that true slavery does not exist in the "western" world of
developed nations, it used to, and it has now been merely exported to China
and India, among others. I read somewhere that there are more people in
slavery now than at any other time in recorded history, but I don't have a
reference, sorry. I hope no slaves were used to build my OM gear, or my shoes
from China.....
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright