Re: [OM] Suggestions for interiors

Subject: Re: [OM] Suggestions for interiors
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 20:00:29 -0700 (PDT)
Skip Williams wrote:

When you tilt your camera upwards at a rectangular building, the image
appears larger at the bottom than the type.  Just like the "keystone"
of an brick or stone arch, the one stone at the peak of the arch that
completes the curve.

Skip

At 08:04 PM 4/25/01 -0500, you wrote:
>>From: "skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" A 35/2.8 Shift is the preferred

>>external lens.  Normal rectilinear lenses typically get too much
>>keystoning perspective distortion.
>
>What's a keystone and how does it come to be applied to this kind of
>distortion?
>
>Joel W.
That's odd. I thought a keystone in an arch was wider at the top than
the bottom - otherwise, surely, it would just fall out?

Regards,

=====
Ray