Re: [OM] Fwd: Focus Screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Fwd: Focus Screens
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 01:09:06 EDT
In a message dated 4/26/01 9:41:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time, dunya@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

> When using the detergent, how do you apply it? Do you rub at that stage?
>  With fingers? I have two pretty dirty or smeared screens. It would be nice
>  to be able to rehabilitate them.
>
>  > I've used the liquid disk detergent and warm water with excellent
>  > results.....don't rub it with anything to dry it though.
>  >
>  > Bruce Kolber

A couple of drops per cup should do it for dish (not disk) detergent. Just
use your fingers and not anything that has fibers in it. They might get
caught in the "ground glass" part of the screen and be difficult to remove.
Rinse several times in regular cold water. And, most importantly, rinse the
last few times in distilled water and let air dry propped up against
something. Should be good as new if there are no scratches.

Warren