Re: Re: [OM] My apologies

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] My apologies
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:12:12 -0600
> I didn't originally target you, as is the misconception. You responded to
my
> generic post by threatening to call the cops on me.

No, Larry, that wasn't Tom...  that was me.  And, it wasn't a threat.  I
merely said if you're so bloody sure that downloading commercial software
and using it without "paying the piper" is "okay" then why not put your
money where your mouth is and list what it is you have downloaded (product
name and version number)?  I merely submit that if you're not prepared to
do that, then maybe KNOW it's NOT "okay" to be doing that.

Will I apologize for saying that if you take something that doesn't
rightfully belong to you as far as I'm concerned your a thief?  Nope!
Frankly, IMHO, that's what you are.  If being called a thief bothers you,
don't take what doesn't rightfully belong to you!

> ...but "hard work" and "good wage"
> are equally nondefinable, and debatable.

Yup!  But stealing is pretty obvious.

Regards,

Chris
(Who's finished with this subject, too.)