Re: [OM] Subject/Topic relationship [WAS] [OT]blocking one persons post

Subject: Re: [OM] Subject/Topic relationship [WAS] [OT]blocking one persons post possible w/ oly. digest?
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 00:05:11 -0400
I agree Andrew, it is tricky. For those who follow threads by subject, it
works for and against you. If the subject changes, you may miss follow on
comments. But if the subject morphs without change to the 'subject', and
you've written it off as not in your interest already, you can miss some
golden nuggets. Sometimes the morphing takes many stages to change, and
sometimes it takes a hard turn. It's the hard turns I'd like to see
re-labeled promptly. That way, the guy or gal that reads the mail 3 days
later and chimes in is still in the subject topic, regardless if another has
been spawned.

Anyway, the automatic 'reply to' reflex will forever live, so I don't expect
my peeve will be relieved.  I guess it's impossible to do a smooth
subject/topic transform unless you're Monty Python... And now for something
completely different -> A man with three buttocks.....

Mickey (No, not me silly. I maintain the requisite pair.)