[OM] re: Introduction

Subject: [OM] re: Introduction
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 12:50:26 -0400
Tom Scales wrote:

>Johnny,

>First, let me welcome you, heartily, to the list.

Thanks Tom - I appreciate that!

> You picked an odd week to
>sub*scribe, as we don't normally have such terrible rants and blow ups.
>Maybe once a month <g>.

Heck, I thought it was interesting to read several of the messages in that exchange. My only problem was that I screwed up and subscribed to the digest form so it was difficult to navigate past the chaff but - I've corrected that error by re-subscribing with individual Emails.

>Your questions have already been answered, but I thought I'd comment on
>your route back to OM.  I went through exactly the same path. An
>inexpensive digital camera 'awoke' my interest in photography.

I wonder if there are many out there like us. If so, it might slow down the speed at which digital replaces film.

>Be careful. Zuikoholism is insidious. First it is a Bounce Grip 2, then you
>have to have a 90 Macro, then.....

>Well, you get the idea. And we're all enablers.

Yep Tom, it reminds me of another Mail List - Oldtools. (Dirk Wright belongs to both of these lists too, BTW) Oldtools is a list dedicated to the discussion of the collecting and use of antique wood working tools. There are many enablers on that list also. I guess I'm on two slippery slopes at the same time now! ;-)

Later,
Johnny