Re: [OM] OM-1N and OM-4N Photo Jaunt

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1N and OM-4N Photo Jaunt
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:45:28 +0100
Hoy Chris!
;-)

You are a Zuikoholic, but you mention only the bodies you took out to the Park. Which Zuikos did you use eh, eh, eh?

For my part, on Saturday I took my (new to me from a List member, thanks Tom) 35/2 to Cambridge and photographed some of the colleges and the people on the River Cam doing that mad thing, punting.

I have never used a 35 prime before, and this little beast seems to have just the right angle of view. It was a gorgeous day, with the leaves on the trees and loads of happy people (mostly foreigners), and Cambridge is a very photogenic town.

Chris

G'morning folks!

Just a quick report on my photo jaunt yesterday, to play with my new
toys...  the OM-1N and the OM-4.

We went to Hermitage Park, a nature reserve on the east end of
Edmonton, in search of goslings.  Last year, we made the trek a bit
late, so the goslings were past their fluffy-and-cute stage.

Apparently, yesterday was a bit early....  no goslings, but lots of
mommas sitting on nests on islands in the little lake.  So, we'll continue
to make the trek every weekend, until we can get some fluffy-and-cute
gosling pictures.

We didn't leave disappointed, though.  There were lots of geese to take
pictures of, as well as mallard ducks and gulls.  I think I got some good
shots of birds taking-off and landing on the lake, although I really DO
need more practice using "sequence" mode on the winder 2.  I also got
a few shots of a muskrat that swam by our location while searching for
something to eat.  Hint:  Muskrats don't like french fries....  little bugger
ignored my attempts to lure him with bits of one.
--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, England.