Re: [OM] (Fwd) Olympus C1400XL Digital Camera Smart Card Error

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Olympus C1400XL Digital Camera Smart Card Error
From: "Andrew Beals <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>" <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 17:40:57 -0700
It's no surprise that the Oly distributors would discourage cleaning the
contacts in the camera.  It's a very delicate operation to begin with and
you're running the risk of not only mechanically frelling the contacts,
but also frying the camera's electronics with a static discharge.

Does the new card work OK in the camera now? If so, you might have to write
off your old card.

If not, I'd guess it's time to find out how much it would cost to get the
camera serviced by Olympus -- you may end up paying just the minimum fee.

I had an IS-1 that got dropped 1m onto an open suitcase full of clothes
that refused to focus properly afterwards -- minimum fee charged to fix up
the gears, thank you Olympus America.

In message <003801c0d0be$1509c7a0$9e000c3f@user> thou hast written: