Re: [OM] Secret Fetishes (and first 35mm cameras)

Subject: Re: [OM] Secret Fetishes (and first 35mm cameras)
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:10:58 -0700
> My first SLR was a Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic.  I loved that camera.  I think
> even slept with it under my pillow through high school.   Of course...the
> light
> meter died and the shutter got sticky ....but I not-so-secretly wish I had
> another to this day.

The first camera I bought myself was the Spotmatic 500 w/ a 28/3.5 and a
135/3.5. I was going to be traveling and I got it because it was small
and light. Those screw mount lenses are even smaller than the
corresponding Zuiko's. I ended up selling it for what I paid for it to
an engineer in Peru. He was happy as can be since they were much more
expensive in Peru. I stopped in Panama on the way home and used the
money to buy a brand new OM1 and the same lenses that I'd had with the
SP500. Still have/use it. And as Kodachrome 25 is being discussed, I
think these shots were taken with K25 and the SP500 about 25+ years ago.
These scans aren't very good as I'm still learning. They were for some
climbers going to the same area this year. K25 was about all I could use
in the SP500 because of the snow and altitude and the 1/500th limit,
even with a polarizer.

http://www.interisland.net/watershed/cordillerablanca/

Mike