Re: [OM] ***Sand in my lens***

Subject: Re: [OM] ***Sand in my lens***
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 15:47:26 -0600
>      The subject says it all. I droped my case in the sand one day and
> apparently didn't get it all out, because now The focusing ring on my
Olympus
> 50mm lens won't turn at all.  Is this something I could clean my self?
How
> about a spray type of cleaner that leaves no residue, think this will
work?
> Thanks for your suggestions!

Which 50mm lens?  If it's a 50/1.8 they're "a dime a dozen" and it probably
doesn't make sense to muck with it.  If, on the other hand, it's one of the
more expensive 50mm lenses, then if you have the skill/tools/time to
disassemble and clean the lens it might be worth it.

Personally, though, I'd *never* muck with trying to fix a lens.  I'm a real
"Tim Allen" when it comes to such things, so "doing it myself" just leads
to more problems and expense.

Hope that's at least a little bit helpful?  Sorry to hear 'bout your
problem!  Hope you get it fixed (or get 'nuther one) soon!

Regards,

Chris