Re: [OM] Kit to take

Subject: Re: [OM] Kit to take
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 21:17:34 -0400
I find that business trips only afford limited times for pictures. I've been getting by with smaller kits these days for those type of trips.

Typical Kit

Substitute Leica M, OM, or Pen F

2 Bodies (maybe 1)
1 Ultra Wide Angle (15, 21, or 24)
1 Wide angle or Normal (35 or 50/2 Macro) OR a mid-sized zoom
1 Telephoto (90 or 135)
Extra?  16/3.5 or 200/5.
T-20 flash

With three lenses such as a 21/50/90 trio, each offers a substantially different viewpoint, and encourages the manual zoom (moving the legs) for changes in composition.

Try smaller kits, they help focus you on picture taking, and not on equipment toting, which is far too easy for me.

Skip